Sunday, July 13, 2014

Michigan 2014

This July 4th weekend, we made a trip to "Uncle Louie's" (Steve's) in Michigan. Fortunately, we had perfect weather! The temperature was in the low 80's during the day and cooler in the evenings. We left our house Friday at 10:30 am and stopped in Toledo to eat lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Then we got back on the road and had a really uneventful drive up. Seth was busy with his iPad, Isabelle with her iPod and Parker watched a movie. The kids could not have behaved better! We arrived at Steve's around 5:30 pm, got settled in, and ordered pizza for dinner. Mom and Dad (Grandma Barb & Grandpa Steve), Lori, Dave, Jon and Mary arrived there the previous night. Steve's house had plenty of room for all of us.

During the weekend, we spent a lot of time outside enjoying the pond, the four-wheelers and the trampoline. We also had our own private fireworks show put on by Uncle Louie.

The Relaxation Station (Steve, Isabelle, Parker, Shane)

Shane, Carrie, Isabelle, Seth, Lori

Parker Pie

Our family

Parker's first canoe ride (it has a motor on the back)

Izzy on the dock
We brought some toys with us



Mary and Jon

Dave and Lori
Lori, Millie and Jon

Shane and Isabelle

Seth and Isabelle and all the ducks named Harry

Feeding the ducks

All three kids in one photo!
We visited Breckenridge, the nearest Village, for ice cream. We also found some railroad tracks.

Ice cream in Breckenridge

The neighbor's dog, Bailey, spent the day at Steve's house. Seth and Isabelle had fun playing with her.

One of many fish Isabelle caught. She even put the worm on the hook herself!

The favorite thing of Parker's had to be the trampoline. He spent a lot of time jumping on it and just playing on it with toys.

Mom, Steve & Carrie

Photo bombed my Mom! And Lori!
A thank you present from the kids and Mom

Thank you Uncle Louie!!

Thank you, Uncle Louie!!!
On our way home Monday, we stopped at our first house in Toledo, then for ice cream in Perrysburg.

Then we were held up by a few traffic jams, a train, and very heavy rain. It took us 7 1/2 hours, but we made it and hope to go again next summer!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment